On the 27th of the lunar month of Rajab, Muslims remember Al-Isra and Al-Miraj, the miraculous Night Journey and Ascension of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) to meet God in Heavens. In this folder, we compiled some amazing articles and answers to questions like the significance of the miraculous Night Journey, what does it commemorate? Was it a spiritual or a physical journey? and other important topics.
The Miraculous Night Journey – The Story and Lessons
Very often in life we go through periods of trial or great sadness, only to look back on them later and see that they were followed by great happiness or periods of growth…
- The Prophet’s Night Journey – How it First Started?
- The Prophet’s Journey to Al-Aqsa Mosque
- The Wonders Prophet Muhammad Saw in Heavens
- The Special Meeting in the Seventh Heaven
- Muhammad in Presence of God – What Happened up There?
- The Prophet’s Extraordinary Journey – Did People Believe it?
- The Muslim Prayer – Why Was it First Prescribed in Heaven?
- The Night Journey and the Obligation of Prayer
- The Night Journey: Sometimes It Causes Me to Tremble
- Read the Story of Israa’ and Mi`raj to Your Kids
- Al-Israa’: It Is All About the Unseen
Q & A on Al-Isra and Al-Miraj
The whole object of the journey, then, was that the Prophet would have a chance to see some of God’s signs. What these were, we are not told. Seeing them, however, had a greatly reassuring effect on Prophet Muhammad…
- Significance of Al-Isra and Al-Miraj
- Al-Isra: Narrating the Unthinkable
- Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Qiblah
- Al-Aqsa Mosque, Why So Important?
- Celebrating Mi’raj
- Al-Israa’ and Al-Mi`raj: Everlasting Lessons
- Makkah, Jerusalem and Slavery
- Dome of the Rock and Al-Asqa Mosque: The Same?
- Al-Quds and Jerusalem: One City or Two?