- Al-Azhar Invites Pope Francis to Peace Conference
- French Muslims Throw their Weight behind Macron
- China Bans Islamic Names for Babies
- Muslim Runs Across Canada for First Nations Water Safety
- Paris Mosque Rector Urges Muslims to Vote for Macron
- Ramadan Starts May 27 in Europe, N. America
- US Muslim Picked to Meet Pope in Vatican
- US Muslim Boxer Wins Right to Compete in Hijab
Sheikh Ahmed el-Tayeb, the Grand Imam of Al-Azhar, the highest seat of religious learning in the Sunni world, is organizing a world peace conference in Cairo next Friday, to be attended by Pope Francis, Orthodox Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew, and Pope Tawadros II, head of the Coptic Orthodox Church.
By incessantly remembering and extoling Allah, man indirectly remembers himself and his weighty life purpose and mission, too, in the process effectively subduing and curbing his ego. By not forgetting Allah, man does not forget himself either.
In his well-known book, Al-Hikam (Words of Wisdom), sheikh Ahmad Ibn `Ataa’illah As-Sakandari says: “Postponing good deeds until you have free time is an indication of an immature soul.” In other ...
Being a Muslim immigrant family in the west is not an easy experience, especially when kids are involved. Muslim parents, who have their own traditions, perceptions and culture would face ...