Like some people, I have reached a point in my life where I don’t want to live anymore. Some of the reasons are the following:
1. I will be giving in 11 papers in 2 months. I had received good marks, around 98%, and made my parents and teachers proud. I think I haven’t studied well and cannot do much more in such a short period of time and I don’t want to disappoint my elders, and this makes me disappointed with life.
2. I had a very good relationship with Allah when I was in 8th grade, however, now it seems that is weakened. I used to feel that Allah was helping me but now that feeling doesn’t come anymore.
3. I have a best friend who helps me a lot in every matter but now our friendship is a bit strained. We fight more frequently now. I went on the internet to find what Allah says in Quran about this situation but cannot find any better result.
These problems may seem insignificant, but they affect me a lot, especially my mood. Sometimes it feels like I cannot breathe anymore and there is always a fear inside of me that something bad will happen. I cannot enjoy and thank the blessings of Allah and it upsets me.
Please advise me on what to do.
In this counseling answer, you will learn:
• Don’t worry; everyone feels down sometimes.
• You need to begin by strengthening your relationship with Allah.
• Process gradually; do not do everything all at once.
• If This feeling lasts for a long period, you might be suffering from depression and you’ll need to seek counseling and medical help.
Disclaimer: The conceptualization and recommendations stated in this response are very general and purely based on the limited information provided in the question. In no event shall AboutIslam, its counselors or employees be held liable for any damages that may arise from your decision in the use of our services.