Self-help books serve as a way for professionals to present their expertise and offer productive advice for the betterment of people and society. Muslim self-help authors often integrate Islamic perspectives to promote the connection between the deen and every aspect of our lives.
Join Layla Abdullah-Poulos for “Do for Self,” a discussion with self-help authors Halimah DeOliveira, Umm Zakiyyah, Asiya Nasir and Angela Rahim about the importance of books as a way for Black Muslims to share their expertise, integrate Islamic experiences and build a clientele for their businesses.
The session would be live on AboutIslam Facebook Page.
Black Muslim Authors Conference Sessions
- BMAcon: Black Muslim Representation in Films
- Release the Ink – Black Muslim Male Author’s Panel
- Black Muslim Authors Conference Live Launch
- Inspiring the Next Generation with Words
- Poets Writing While Black
- BMAcon: Discussing Romance & Relationships
Friday, Feb. 26, 2021 | 00:00 - 01:00 GMT
Views expressed by hosts/guests on this program (live dialogue, Facebook sessions, etc.) are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.