Double Ear Piercing: Allowed?
Home > Ask the Scholar > Fiqh > Double Ear Piercing: Allowed?

Double Ear Piercing: Allowed?

Farah

Dec 03, 2016

Question

As-Salamu alaykum. Is there anything wrong with me piercing my ear twice? This is to decorate myself only and nothing else.

Answer

Double Ear Piercing

Wa `alaykum As-Salamu waRahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

Dear questioner, we would like to thank you for the great confidence you place in us, and we implore Allah Almighty to help us serve His cause and render our work for His Sake.

Answering your question, Dr. Salah Al-Sawy, Secretary-General of the Assembly of Muslim Jurists in America (AMJA), states:

There is no harm on the woman piercing her ear to hang an earring in it. As for that being one hole (i.e. piercing) or two, this is a matter of social norms, and so it changes with the customs and tastes of the environment. The default is that she can do what is customarily accepted in her culture and is not to mimic the unchaste women that sway in every direction with regard to these matters.

Source: www.amjaonline.net

About Dr. Salah Al-Sawy

President of the Shari`ah Academy and the Secretary General for the Assembly of Muslim Jurists in America