Mercy: A Proof of Faith
3. Jarir (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “Allah does not show mercy to those who do not show mercy to people.” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)
4. `Abdullah ibn `Amr (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:
“Those who show mercy will be shown mercy by the Merciful [Lord.] Show mercy to those on earth, and He Who is in the heavens will show mercy to you.”(At-Tirmidhi and authenticated by Al-Albani)
5. Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:
“You can never be (true) believers until you show mercy to one another.“
The Companions said, “We all show mercy, O Messenger of Allah.”
The Prophet replied,
“It is not the compassion that any one of you shows to his friend. It is the compassion and mercy that you show the people in general [that I mean].” (At-Tirmidhi)
Kind Correction of Mistakes
6. Once a Bedouin entered the Prophet’s mosque for the first time. He raised his voice in supplication, “O Allah, forgive me and Muhammad, but don’t forgive anyone else!”
The Prophet smiled at him and remarked gently, “You are limiting something that is vast.“
Later, the man urinated on the masjid floor. The Prophet calmed the upset onlookers, and told them to leave the man alone.
He reminded his companions that they were sent to make things easy on people, not difficult. The bedouin later recounted his experience with the Prophet:
May my mother and father be sacrificed for him. He did not scold or insult me. He just said, ‘We do not urinate in these mosques-they were built for prayer and remembrance of Allah.’ Then he called for a bucket of water to be poured on the ground. (Ibn Majah and authenticated by Al-Albani)
7. A man came to the Prophet feeling very sad because he slept with his wife while fasting in Ramadan.
The Prophet asked if he was able to free a slave. The man said, “No.”
– “Can you fast two consecutive months?“
– “Can you feed sixty poor people?“
The Prophet stayed quiet. Soon, a person presented a basket of dates to him. The Prophet took the dates, and looked for the man.
“Take these dates and give them in charity.“
The man said dejectedly, “No one is poorer than me, Messenger of Allah. By Allah, there is no family in all of Madinah poorer than mine.”
At this, the Prophet’s face broke into a smile.
“Take it and feed your family,” he said. (Al-Bukhari)Pages: 1 2 3