Apple Crumble is a dessert consisting of baked apples topped with a crisp crust. Ingredients usually include cooked apples, butter, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and often oats and brown sugar and/or nutmeg.
Very simple and quick dessert, easy to make and utterly delicious.
- 400g cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped into small chunks.
- 175g of plain flour
- 110g of caster Sugar
- 110g of cold butter.
- Oats (optional)
- Cook the apple down in a pan and add sugar to taste (as sweet as you want it).
- When apples are soft take them off heart & put into a baking dish. (You can add raisins & sultanas if you wish).
- For the crumble: rub flour, caster sugar and cold butter all together until it looks like bread crumbs.
- Pour the crumble over the apple mixture. You can add oats for an extra crunch.
- Put into a pre-heated over until the top is golden brown.
- You can serve with ice-cream, cream or custard.