- This Eid, let’s try to make it as similar as possible. Here are 7 Tips on How to Celebrate a Virtual Eid under the COVID-19 pandemic. Let’s bring out the Eid spirit as Allah would want us too.
In the name of our Lord the Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
May Allah grant and accept our fasts Ameen.
Thank you for your question.
For some of us still in quarantine our Eid time may be very different this year since it is mostly a social event.
7 Tips on How to Celebrate a Virtual Eid
This Eid, let’s try to make it as similar as possible and bring out the Eid spirit as Allah would want us too.
- Enjoy praying Eid at home.
- Dress up and drive up to a masjid near you and wish each other Eid Mubarak through the drive-thru operating hours. Some Masjids will be giving a Eid dessert, enjoy it and wish each other happy Eid loudly and a virtual handshake or a hug.
- If we are unable to get out because we are working or social distancing, we can have a virtual party with our family and friends. Have a virtual cookout where you can share what you have made via media.
- Have backyard cookouts and distribute or share food with neighbors and friends, have an online potluck.
- Have a Henna party virtually where we can share special designs authentic to our country or create new ones.
- Make virtual duaa for the Ummah while saying Happy Eid to each other via multiple video calls.
- We can ship gifts or deliver gifts to friends and family. Mail them or zoom meet drop at the doorstep.
Don’t forget to pay Zakat Al Fitr before Eid day virtually or in the morning before Eid prayers .
Pay either Sadaqa or Zakat online to people that need the help either back home or via a known Islamic organization.
This is truly a celebration that will have us use our imagination this year to make it memorable for all of us. We can replicate how it would be in Jannah where it is an everlasting happy life!
And Allah knows best.
I hope this helps.
Salam and please keep in touch.
Please continue feeding your curiosity, and find more info in the following links: