This short film “The Other Pair” is directed by Sarah Rozik and illustrates verses in particular related to generosity. Indeed, being generous is a high quality and is essential in our belief.
“…And whatever you spend of good – it will be fully repaid to you, and you will not be wronged.” [Surah Al-Baqara 2: 272]
“Never will you attain the good [reward] until you spend [in the way of Allah] from that which you love. And whatever you spend – indeed, Allah is aware of it.” [surah Al-Imran 3:92]
“…But whatever thing you spend [in His cause] – He will compensate it; and He is the best of providers.” [Surah Saba 34: 39]
Generosity is of many aspects in Islam:
- spending of your wealth and money
- time spent with others of for others
- good deeds, even the simplest like removing a piece of garbage from the street
- kindness towards people and animals
- sharing your knowledge
- delivering the message of Islam
- refrain from doing evil
As a matter of a fact, we can all achieve something from this list. Truly being generous is made easy for us since every good deed is an act of charity, Alhamdouleelah.