Wa alaykum assalamu warahmatullah wabarakatuh


In the Name of Allah, the All-Merciful, the Mercy-Giving.


All praise is due to Allah. Peace and blessings be upon His Prophet Muhammad.


If the divorce decision was issued by a Muslim judge, then the divorce is valid and your friend may marry another man after the lapse of her `iddah (waiting period).


If it was issued by a non-Muslim judge, then, from the Shari`ah point of view, such a judge does not have authority to dissolve her marriage without her husband’s consent. So, if her husband has not actually divorced her, she is still married to him.


In this case, she needs to go to an Islamic center and tell them her story. They will contact the husband and take necessary action.


Almighty Allah knows best.

Thursday, Jan. 01, 1970 | 00:00 - 00:00 GMT

Session didn't start yet!

Submit Your Question

Views expressed by hosts/guests on this program (live dialogue, Facebook sessions, etc.) are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.