Are you performing Hajj this year? The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) has a great promise for you.
Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “The reward for a Hajj mabroor is nothing but Paradise” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).
Here are 13 tips to have an acceptable Hajj:
1. Check your INTENTION: Make it wholly and exclusively for Allah.
2. Ensure that the expenses of Hajj are from LAWFUL sources.
3. Pay off your DEBTS and seek forgiveness from anyone you have offended or hurt.
4. LEARN the rules of Hajj and get yourself familiarized with the rites.
5. Ensure that your DEPENDENTS at home are provided for and taken care of during your absence.
6. Leave a WILL including your liabilities towards others and how to discharge of them.
7. ADVISE your family members to be mindful of Allah and to observe the path of righteousness.
8. Travel in the COMPANY of the knowledgeable and the pious.
9. REMEMBER Allah and mention Him as much as you can.
10. Maintain PATIENCE and tolerance throughout the journey.
11. Fill your heart with true LOVE for Almighty Allah and His Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him).
12. Reflect on the inner MEANINGS of Hajj rites, and maintain a sense of awe and reverence.
13. Use TIME wisely: this is not the best time for Facebook or mobile phone games.