What is the difference between Ar-Rahman and Ar-Rahim?
Both are names of Allah and both indicate His vast mercy. In one hadith qudsi, Allah the Almighty says, “My mercy excels My anger.” (Muslim)
Difference Between Ar-Rahman and Ar-Rahim
Scholars mentioned some differences between the two names. In this video by Dr. Yasir Qadhi, you learn about these differences. You will also know great and inspiring facts about Allah’s Mercy.
In this Series:
1. The 7 Oft-Recited Verses: An Introduction to Al-Fatiha
2. Who Divided Up Quran into Surahs and Verses?
3. All About Isti`adhah & Seeking Protection from Satan
4. Starting with Allah’s Name… What Does Basmalah Mean?
5. Why Glorify Allah’s Name, Not Allah Himself?
6. What Is the Meaning of the Name of Allah?
7. Al-Fatihah: Difference Between Ar-Rahman and Ar-Rahim
8. Why Surah Al-Fatihah Starts With Al-Hamd