What is the correct perspective on humans relation with Allah?
For some religions the main characteristic they attribute to their god is an angry vengeful jealous god.
You must appease him or else his wrath will be upon you.
On the other side of the spectrum you have certain religions that only focus on love and mercy and claim that “god is love”. With such beliefs, they create great injustices to themselves and those around them having no fear of accountability.
Relation with Allah: How Islam Is Different
Unlike other religions, in Islam we worship Allah based upon three motivational factors of Love, Hope and Fear.
In this special series episode of Tafsir of Surat Al-Fatihah, Sheikh Dr. Yasir Qadhi discusses the three motivational factors of worship; namely Love, Hope & Fear.
The video also touches on theological concepts of Monotheism, Messengers and the Day of Judgement.
Learn and benefit from this great series and transform your prayer so that it’s never the same again, in sha Allah!
Also in this Series:
- The 7 Oft-Recited Verses: An Introduction to Al-Fatiha
- Who Divided Up Quran into Surahs and Verses?
- All About Isti`adhah & Seeking Protection from Satan
- Starting with Allah’s Name… What Does Basmalah Mean?
- Why Glorify Allah’s Name, Not Allah Himself?
- What Is the Meaning of the Name of Allah?
- Al-Fatihah: Difference Between Ar-Rahman and Ar-Rahim
- Why Surah Al-Fatihah Starts With Al-Hamd
- Why “Al-Hamdulillah” Is Particularly Used in Surah Al-Fatihah
- What Allah Says When You Recite Surah Al-Fatihah
- “Lord of the Worlds”… What Does That Mean?
- Day of Judgment & Two Recitations of One Word