1. Nicknamed Mus’ab the Good, this handsome and young companion grew up in a pampered way. He was exposed to every kind of luxury.
2. Faith filled his heart while in the companion of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and other companions at Dar Al-Arqam.
3. He became Muslim after listening to the verses of the Quran recited by the Prophet (peace be upon him).
4. He emigrated to Abyssinia twice. He was able to travel with other Muslims to escape prosecution.
5. Mus’ab Ibn Umair was the first ambassador of Islam [to Madinah], tasked with instructing the Ansaar (Helpers) who believed in the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) calling to invite others to Islam.
6. Under his mission, the number of Muslims rose from 7 to 70 in only a few months.
7. He was committed to his role, and carried out the Dawah (calling to Allah) duty with excellence.
8. His last words are preserved in a poignant verse of the Quran:
Muhammad is not but a messenger. [Other] messengers have passed on before him. (3:144).
9. His character, skills and accomplishments are truly exceptional; but too many to mention here.
10. Mus’ab was a youth, yet filled with maturity and wisdom. He had strong faith fused with great leadership and communication skills. His great passion for Islam remains an inspiration to all – young and old.
Are you inspired? What do you want to achieve in your youth? Share below…