It’s best to consume super foods regularly, to self-harvest them, or to buy them from a reputable source that doesn’t alter them by extracting substances from them or adding to them (e.g., by making them into a health drink with fructose and other additives). The following is a list of some “miracle foods”:
- Spirulina (Blue Green Algae): Blue Green Algae is the superior form of spirulina; however, they are both essentially the same thing. Algae that survives in hot sunny climates can be the solution to world hunger. Algae produce twenty times as much protein as soybeans. Furthermore, it contains many nutrients not found in any other single food source such as gamma-linoleic acid, vitamin B-12, iron, essential amino acids, chlorophyll, RNA, DNA, and phycocyanin (a substance that has increased the life span in lab rats). Algae curb the appetite, reduce cholesterol levels, and aid in mineral absorption. You can harvest it at any natural water source; (within specific guidelines only – not all algae is edible)- or you can buy it in capsule or powder form.
- Kelp: Kelp is another type of seaweed that you can cook or eat as raw. It comes as a liquid, powder or dried. It’s used as a salt substitute to provide iodine as well as sodium. Also, it contains many minerals and vitamins in concentrate, especially B vitamins. It’s beneficial to brain tissue, sensory nerves, the skin, nails, and blood vessels.
- Honey: Comprised of 35% protein and containing half of all the amino acids the body needs, honey also has many other essential nutrients such as B-complex and vitamins C, D and E.
- Bee-Pollen: The powder produced by the anthers of flowers and collected by bees, bee pollen contains 15% protein, B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, amino acids, essential fatty acids, enzymes, carotene, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium, and plant sterols. It has an anti-microbial effect on the body and strengthens the immune system.
- Royal Jelly: A combination of honey and pollen that is refined inside the nurse bee and secreted, this substance provides the benefits of both pollen and honey plus a high concentration of pantothenic acid (vitamin B).
- Wheat Grass: Research shows that one pound of wheat grass is equal in nutrients and vitamin content to twenty-five pounds of choice vegetables. It is a living food that provides a powerhouse of nutrition available to all, and it helps in the elimination of cancerous growths. Produced by sprouting wheat berries, one of the cheapest grains on the market, wheat grass can be grown easily on trays with a little water in only three days time from “planting” to “harvest.” Whole-wheat berries (before they become flour) are sold for about 15 cents a pound. Twenty-five pounds worth of wheat berries could supply a family with meals for almost a year.
- Alfalfa: Often as livestock food, we largely ignore the alfalfa’s benefits for humans. In fact, in some areas, valuable alfalfa is fed to livestock while neighboring people search for nutrition in their own food. Its roots, which grow nearly 10 feet underground, may account for the fact that it is one of the most mineral-dense foods around. It contains all of the known vitamins and most minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and chlorophyll.
Allah has provided us with many more miracle foods. Many of the tonic herbs fall into this category. That’s in addition to many fruits such as acerola berries, and vegetables such as sprouts.
Everyone should partake of these miracle foods, easily found or cultivated throughout the earth, that Allah has sent us for nutrition and healing.
The Qur’an (Surat Ash-Sharh 94:5) says, “Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.”