We all make mistakes from time to time and nobody is perfect. Learning how to say sorry effectively is very useful. Here are 5 ways you can do that.
1. Regret – start your apology by clearly conveying your regret over your behaviour and acknowledge the pain that you may have caused.
2. Responsibility – own up to your mistake and take the blame. Accept complete responsibility for what you did.
3. Make no excuses – it is natural to want to make excuses for your actions but it may come off as insincere.
4. Remedy – offer a way to make up for the damage that you have caused.
5. Request for forgiveness – make the person know that you want their forgiveness and you are not just relieving any guilt you may feel.