Muslim Canadians are rallying across the country to support the Rohingya in Myanmar/Burma and Rohingya refugees who have fled to Bangladesh.
Here is a number of events and initiatives in Canada that you can support if you want to show solidarity with the Rohingya people.
Attend Rallies in Solidarity with the Rohingya
There are rallies taking place across Canada in solidarity with the Rohingya.
See if there is one in a city near you.
Attend Fundraising Events
There are fundraising events organized by various Islamic charities taking place across the country.
See if there is one in a city near you:
- September 24: Help the Rohingya Now: Awareness and Support Dinner
- October 8: Ladies Charity Night Fundraising for Rohingya Refugees
- September 16: Islamic Relief Canada Emergency Fundraiser for Rohingya Refugees in Markham
- September 17: Islamic Relief Canada Emergency Fundraiser for Rohingya Refugees in Mississauga
- September 22: IDRF Fundraiser for Rohingya Refugees at the Brampton Islamic Centre
- September 23: IDRF Fundraiser for Rohingya Refugees at the Islamic Institute of Toronto
- October 1: Minhaj Welfare Foundation Canada Fundraiser for Rohingya Refugees
Amplify the Voices of Rohingya Refugees in Canada
It is important to reach out to these individuals and, when possible, offer them a platform to share their stories.
If you want to see if there are Rohingya community members in your city, consider contacting the Rohingya Association of Canada or the Rohingya Youth in Canada
Consider reaching out to the team currently producing the documentary to see if there is any way to help support the production process or to work with them to ensure the documentary is screened widely across Canada and beyond. You may contact them at [email protected].
Sign the Petition Asking Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to Revoke Aung San Suu Kyi’s honorary Canadian citizenship
This petition has over 13,000 signatures. You can sign it online here.
Source: Muslim Link
To see the full article click here