With Covid-19 hanging over everyone’s head and all the grave injustices occurring around the world, we all need to act.
Remember: We can help. As Imam Suhaib Webb said, “Don’t just pray—pay!”
HHRD began providing relief to Myanmar in 2008. Since then the number of those being displaced and needing assistance has only direly increased.
“A Night of Reflect and Action” was a live broadcast focused on assisting the million Rohingya people living in the largest refugee camp in the world located in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. Two weeks ago a fire ravaged the refugee camp creating further danger for those displaced to the camp.
Hoping to capture the blessings of Laylat al-Qadr, the imams recited Qur’an, made duaa for the refugees and appealed to viewers to rise up to the occasion, in line with the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammed, peace be upon him.
Funds being collected will provide relief in the ways of:
- Healthcare – $5 provides for one patient
- Sponsoring Orphans and Children – $500 provides for 1 child
- Shelter of Hope – $840 provides a shelter for a refugee family
- Washrooms – $900 provides one unit of restroom in a 5 units project
- Water for Life – $2,500 provides one water project for the refugees
While Rohingya refugees continue to flee for their lives with nothing but the clothes on their backs, it is crucial that we support the work of HHRD to save lives in the refugee camps.