Potato Salad is a side dish that consists of boiled potatoes with or without additional ingredients of vegetables like carrots for example. Adding fresh cream and mayonnaise would make it creamy.
Creamy Potato Salad comes in many versions but it is generally a side dish, as it usually accompanies the main course.
- 4-5 medium Potatoes
- One Large onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- One large cucumber
- Mayonnaise or salad cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel, chop & boil 4-5 medium to large potatoes. Dice one large onion & boil it with potato.
- Crush/chop (as you like) 2-3 cloves of garlic & boil with onion & potatoes. Boil until potatoes are soft.
- Cut one large cucumber into small pieces. You can also add spring onions too, if you wish, cut them small.
- Then add the boiled potatoes, onion & garlic with the cucumber. Mash it all down. If you would rather have it chunky, don’t mash it. I like it mashed up altogether.
- Add mayonnaise or salad cream (to your taste) and mix it all together.
- Leave in fridge to cool. Don’t forget to add salt & pepper to your taste. If you want a healthier alternative than mayo then use plain yoghurt.