In this counseling answer, you will learn:
• Marriage needs to be based on trust and respect.
• Talk to your imam, even over the phone, to ask about your rights as a wife.
• Use your common sense first before asking about your rights. Ask yourself: is kindness toward the wife is expected from a husband?
• The apology itself and saying “I love you” are not enough for a behavior to change. Love has to be translated into action that shows care.
• Your husband needs to get professional help as well.
• Stand up for yourself. Set conditions for reconciliation.