A journey back in history to revisit one of the most controversial and misconstrued events in Islamic history: the massacre of Karbala.
Are Sunnis ‘on the side of Yazid’ or ‘on the side of Al-Husain’? Who is to blame for the death of Al-Husain? Should we curse Yazid?
Join Dr. Yasir Qadhi as he analyzes and contextualizes the events that led up to the martyrdom of Al-Husain (may Allah be pleased with him), its occurrence and aftermath.
In this Video:
- Love of the Prophet’s Household between two extremes
- Who are the Prophet’s Household
- Two civil wars between Muslims
- Hassan resignation of Caliphate
- Stance towards Companions’ political decisions
- Husain’s cousin in Kufa
- Ibn `Umar advice to Husain
- Tragedy of Husain Murder: Who are the culprits?
- Birth of theological Shi’ism
- Political Shi’ism vs. theological Shi’ism