Does Moderation matter in Islam?
The Qur’an describes the Muslim Ummah as a Middle nation. What does the term Wassat or middle mean? How does it relate to the status and obligations of the Muslim Ummah?
In this lecture, Dr. Yasir Qadhi answers these questions. He illustrates in 10 points how Islam is a moderate religion and how the Muslim nation is supposed to strike a balance between extremes of different types.
Watch in this video:
– Between superstition and scientism
– Perfect blend of theology and law
– Balanced spirituality and rituality
– Harmony of this world and the next
– Caring for the body and the soul
– Balance in gender roles
– Forgiveness vs. Revenge
– Moderation in politics practicing
More from Dr. Yasir Qadhi: