Editor’s Note: One of the major and most serious errors that mark the thinking and behavior of the so called Islamic State in ...
- Muslim’s Street Prayer Catches Eyes in Sydney
- Muslim Women Share Their Stories At Quebec Library Event
- Ontario Mosque Hosts Police Recruitment Event
- Bullets & Burns: Photos Reveal Rohingya Suffering
- Mohamed Salah Inspires Liverpool Fans
- Muslims Give Free Turkey to Kansas Underprivileged
- UK Muslims Concerned Over Schools’ Hijab Inspection
- Paris to Prevent Muslim Street Prayers
Some people draw on this Hadith to prevent women from attending prayer at mosques at all, or for isolating them in separate halls. This is a strange interpretation, since the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) could have got another prayer hall built for women alone or even prevented them from performing prayers in mosques from the very beginning. Yet, he absolutely did neither.
“Justice is a comprehensive term, and may include all the virtues of cold philosophy. But religion asks for something warmer and more human,” that is the doing of good deeds such as returning good for evil and giving out in charity to one’s relatives and caring about them. Similarly, all bad deeds should be avoided: anything that is recognized as shameful, unjust, or anything that goes against Allah’s Legislation or our own conscience; all these are to be avoided.
In This Series Part 1: Too Many Restrictions? Part 2: Access to the Imam Part 3: Women Rows Part 4: Men’s Prayer Disrupted ...
Now and then the issues of cinematic and dramatic depiction of Prophet Muhammad’s Companions and of prophets and messengers is raised, especially by ...
In the context of the Arab Spring debates on parliaments and Shari`ah, the European debates on secularism and religion, the South East Asian ...