I would like to share a few of my stories with you. These are my embarrassing first steps into Islam. I tell them to you so that you will not be afraid to go forward, knowing that we all have to start somewhere.
- NJ Muslim Hailed Hero After Defusing Street Fight
- How Did Muslims React to London Attack?
- Halima Aden, Proud Hijabi on Fashion Runways
- British Muslim: We Are Undeterred By Terrorism
- Meet Muslim Genius Teaching Math in Leicester at 14
- Muslim Man Devotes Life to Fostering Dying Kids
- Muslim Olympian Fencer Sends Message to Trump
- Ontario Muslim Becomes First Hijabi Escort Officer
Seeing Islam is very much a balanced religion – one that encourages the middle path in all things - it is supposed to encompass leisure and entertainment to nurture peace and tranquility, while being vigilant and discipline.
If you are worried that you are failing in your prayers, know that God is Al-Ghaffar, the Perpetually Forgiving. If you feel the deeds you are doing for Him are not up to the mark then know that He is Ash-Shakoor, the Tremendously Appreciative.
Apart from the formal times for prayer, we should set aside a few moments from time to time to ponder on where we are in our spiritual journey. At such times we can give thanks for all the blessings in our lives.
It is when we never face struggles, that we should take a deeper look at ourselves. Do not be angry with Allah for any trials you encounter, because even our trials are a blessing in disguise, and showing ungratefulness can welcome his wrath.