In a talk titled “The Signs of the End of Times”, Shaykh Faraz Rabbani of SeekersHub began with relating to various verses of the Quran relevant to the topic (such as, 79:42-46; 7:187; 54:1 and 21:1). Thereafter, he alluded to several Prophetic traditions (i.e. Hadith) on the subject.
Moving forward, he recommended the following Five Protective Means to Remain Steadfast during the End of Times:
- Increasing in Faith (Iman) and Certitude (Yaqin);
- Increasing attachment with the Quran;
- Upholding the Prophetic way (Sunnah), particularly his excellent character;
- Living within a righteous community; and
- Engaging in remembrance of Allah (Zikr) and righteous actions rooted in His remembrance.
In addition, he specifically suggested Five Tips to Remain Safe during the End of Times:
1- Acquiring sound knowledge of the Hour (in contrast to speculative knowledge);
2- Reciting ten Ayats from Surah Kahf (the 18th Surah of the Quran) — either from the beginning or from the end — every night, with contemplation;
3- Reciting the last three Ayats of Surah al-Baqarah every night, with contemplation;
5- Praying the five daily Prayers with presence of the heart;
6- Engaging in remembrance of Allah (Dhikr) and in recitation of the Quran — in the morning and at night.
Before finishing, he recommended the book “Faith versus Materialism: The Message of Surah al-Kahf”, by Sayed Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi.
Watch the complete talk here: