When you realize that Islam is the truth then you took the decision to say the Shahadah, the declaration of faith that confirms that you believe that there is nothing worthy of worship except the one God who created everything, and that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is His last and final Prophet and Messenger.
Taking further steps after the testimony of faith is an important tool in your new Journey of faith. It takes time, yes, but step by step you’ll realize that your new life has become clearer and much easier. Here, we prepared for you some of the things you should consider in your new Journey.
Know Your Deen
Walking towards God, and throughout the process of building up and taming one’s soul, moderation and avoiding extremes should be practiced, as instructed by Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him):
“The religion (of Islam) is easiness, and none would overdo religion without it overpowering him.”
- Learning Islam the Right Way
- Wiping Away Sin with Islam
- Why Shirk is So Serious
- I Testify
- Protecting New Muslims From Extremism & Radicalism
- Do You Want to Increase in Love for Allah?
- Be Humble: It’s a Sunnah
- He Named You Muslims
- The Pursuit of Happiness in Islam
- Islam Is Easy – Don’t Make It Difficult
- The Biggest Performance of Your Life: Prayer
- Searching for the Love of the Quran
One of the biggest issues most new Muslims have to cope with at some point is a feeling of isolation.
They are in-between worlds; they no longer fit comfortably in the non-Muslim world and they haven’t yet found their place in the Muslim world.
- Celebrating 10 Years of Being Muslim
- Unplug: Focus on Your Islam
- Tips For New Muslims For Growing in Faith
- New Muslim: Welcome to Islam
- The Loneliness of New Muslims Explained
- Islam and New Muslims: Linking the Lost Balance
- Living Islam in the West: Is it Easy?
- Building a Happy Home from the Quran & Sunnah
- Is Islam Really Easy for Reverts?
- Forgiveness and Purity of the Heart
Step by Step
There is no need to rush into things such as changing your name or taking intensive Arabic classes. If somewhere along the path you feel the need to change your name then do so.
- A New You: A 21st Century Guide for New Muslims
- No More Excuses – Time to Be a Hijabi
- Baby Steps in Your Journey to Islam
- It Changed My Life but I Am Still Me
- Your New World: Steps After Shahadah
- Prayer Makes Us Better
- Becoming Better Muslims (Part 2)
Boost Your Spirituality and Inner Peace
Within all human beings there exist obstacles that thwart our efforts to achieve inner peace. Some of them include anger, jealousy, greed and the like. All of these obstacles can be changed by our choices or behavior.
- Calming the Dunya – Living for the Hereafter
- Spiritual Boosters for New Muslims
- The Divine Phone Call
- The Triangle of Inner Peace: Shining Examples
- How to Boost Our Trust in God
- Leave the Future Alone Until It Comes
- Don’t Let Calamity Shake You
- Turn to Allah and Trust in Him
- What Is Beautiful Patience?
- God Makes Me Feel Better
- Happiness Awaits the Patient
- Easy Steps for a Sound Heart
- How to Gain Certainty in an Uncertain World
- Having Hope in a Better Tomorrow