Australian Arab Association will be holding a multi-cultural `Eid carnival next Saturday to promote a peaceful message for Islam after the attacks on the Thornlie mosque late last month.
- Toronto Church Hosts Interfaith Iftar Gathering
- Fasting Benefits Heart & Hypertension Patients: Pakistani Doctor
- Salah Boots Added to British Museum’s Treasures Collection
- Working While Fasting, US Muslims Take Ramadan Challenge
- Equating Islam to Terrorism Is Foolish: Pope
- Muslims Break Ramadan Fast at Newcastle Cathedral
- Mo Salah Won’t Break Fasting for Champions League Final
- Salah Helps Increase Attendance at UK’s Oldest Mosque in Ramadan
Australian academic Dr Anne Aly claimed the West Australian seat of Cowan on Monday, July 11, becoming the first female Muslim MP in Canberra.
As millions of rugby fans around the world had their hearts melted by the move of New Zealand Muslim player Sonny Bill Williams to hand over his world cup medal to a young boy, the once most hated league player revealed how Islam has saved him from bad past.
Messages of support have poured the Muslim community in Perth, Western Australia, after cars were set alight at a local mosque on Tuesday night as children prayed just meters away in what a local imam described as an "act of hate."
A Muslim imam in one of Australia's most cultural towns has been setting a success story for how more than 50 ethnicities can live together in harmony, an effort recognized lately during a visit from a Federal Government Minister for the first time in 45 years.
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull invited Muslim leaders and figures to end of Ramadan iftar on Thursday, June 16, becoming the first Australian premier to break bread with the faith leaders.
– Australia's Grand Mufti Dr. Ibrahim Abu Mohammed has invited members of various Christian denominations to an interfaith iftar, in an attempt to dispel ongoing misconceptions about Muslims.
These were the words of Susan Carland, the wife of TV Week Gold Logie winner Waleed Aly, describing her decision to revert to Islam at 19, after debunking her own myths about the faith, The Daily Mail reported on Thursday, June 9.
A new housing estate for Australia Muslims has been announced in Melbourne, the project seen as a chance to escape rising anti-Muslim sentiments in the community.
The Muslim community in Geelong, Victoria, has been overwhelmed by support from their neighbors, after the city's only mosque was destroyed in a suspicious fire on Wednesday early morning.
In a victory for diversity in Australia, channel 10 Waleed Aly has won the TV Week Gold Logie for most popular personality on Australian television, dedicating the award to people "with unpronounceable names like Waleed".
Seeking to become a hub for Islamic studies, the University of South Australia announced its plans to open the first research center for Islamic thought and education.