Former Speaker of Parliament Halimah Yacob is set to be Singapore’s first Malay president in more than 47 years, following Elections Department (ELD) yesterday's announcement she was the only candidate qualified to run for office.
- Somali-American Elected to a Minnesota School Board
- Bay County Muslims Donate Thanksgiving Meals
- Hijabi Police Officers, Those Muslims Made it Possible
- New Mexico Mosque Starts ‘Know Islam’ Booth
- Muslim Shop Owner in Scotland Gives Free Food to Needy
- Islamic Free Clinic Serves San Bernardino Poor
- Delhi Muslim Denied Job Because of Hijab
- Penn. Commission for Women Gets First Muslim Member
Amid a shaming absence of international charities, including the UN, Turkish aid groups have extended a helping hand to the nearly 270,000 Rohingya Muslims who fled to neighboring Bangladesh.
– A photo taken for a Rohingya Muslim couple who were born and raised in Saudi Arabia has gone viral on social media, showing the wife standing to shade and protect her husband who was praying in Al-Masjid Al-Haram in Makkah.
The Nobel laureate Desmond Tutu has sent a heartfelt letter to fellow peace prize winner Aung San Suu Kyi, condemning her for her silence over Rohingya Muslims in Burma and calling for her to intervene.
Sheikh Ahmed el-Tayeb, the Grand Imam of Al-Azhar, the highest seat of religious learning in the Sunni world, has condemned the violence committed against Rohingya Muslims, urging an action by international and Muslim countries.
As thousands of Rohingya Muslims risk death, slavery to escape Burma, Pope Francis has shared prayers for the persecuted minority, condemning atrocities committed by Burma.
A Burma rights group has accused the government of keeping a systematic persecution of Rohingya Muslim minority across the country, backed by the country’s Buddhist monks, and ultra-nationalist civilian groups.
Beheaded children and burnt alive villagers were the dominant bloody scenes in the latest genocide targeting Rohingya Muslims in Burma, as tens of thousands fled for their life to neighboring Bangladesh.
An Indonesia Muslim has reportedly walked more than 9,000 kilometers to perform hajj in Muslims’ holiest city of Makkah, one year after setting off from Central Java.
In the latest episode of its crackdown targeting Rohingya Muslims, Burmese army is facing accusations of burning down villages and mosques, and shooting Muslim civilians as satellite photos showed widespread burning in 10 areas.
Fleeing death and persecution in their home country, hundreds of fleeing Rohingy Muslim villagers were targeted by Burmese troops, which opened fire with mortar shells and machine guns yesterday.