The al-Qarawiyyin, which includes a mosque, library, and university, was founded by Fatima El-Fihriya, the daughter of a rich immigrant from al-Qayrawan (Tunisia today).
- US Muslim Group Blames Trump for Increased Anti-Muslim Violence
- Facing Backlash, Aurora Library Removes Islamophobic Display
- Salah Gets Piece of Land in Makkah, Lanterns in Ramadan
- Documentary Tells Story of First Somali-American Muslim Lawmaker
- Canadian Muslims Raise Funds to Help Toronto Victims
- Indian Taxi Co. Hits Back at Client Who Turned Down Muslim Driver
- Meet UK Army Veteran Turned Pro-Mosque Campaigner
- With Children’s Books, Canadian Muslim Author Portrays Black Family
The Berlinale jury chose Gianfranco Rosi’s documentary about the migrant crisis in Europe as winner of its Golden Bear. “Fire at Sea” engages ...
We’re all aware of food’s power over human beings. It is often used as an alternative medicine or to boost energy, sharpen memory, ...
An important aspect of all early African American Islamic movements was their emphasis of themselves as distinctly different from other African Americans, and ...
Just recently, I was watching a program about when the British allies liberated Bergen-Belsen death camp in Germany shortly before the end of ...
There is a common belief across the globe that if you are a veiled Muslim woman, then you are somewhat limited in choice ...
“Mornings in Jenin” is a story that will deeply touch your heart, sometimes you will hate being so helpless, and other times you will despise that feeling of guilt that usually goes nowhere but to some helpless prayers that you wish are answered sooner than you think.It is not a lightly sad read.
In Pakistani weddings, it is traditionally customary for the couple to receive gifts of cash from attendees and guests. The bride is also gifted formal jewelry by her close relatives.
Although Arabic is the language used by the vast majority of the Arabs, this doesn't mean that it's the only language used in the region. Here is a list of 13 other languages used by minorities of the Arab world.