- 8 chicken thighs (skins removed) or breasts (if prefer),
- 1 tbsp oil,
- 5 spring onions (sliced),
- 2tblsp of plain flour,
- 2 chicken stock cubes,
- 2 large carrots cut into large batons,
- 400g of new potatoes (halved if large),
- 200g frozen peas,
- small handful of soft herbs.
- Put the kettle on. Fry the thighs in the oil in a casserole or wide pan with a lid to quickly brown.
- Stir in the whites of the spring onion with the flour and stock cubes until the flour disappears, then gradually stir in 750ml hot water from the kettle.
- Throw in the carrots and potatoes, bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 mins.
- Take off the lid and simmer for 15 mins more, then throw in the peas for another 5 mins.
- Season, stir in the mustard, green spring onion bits, herbs and some seasoning.