- 1 whole mini/baby watermelon,
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cut into cubes,
- Juice of 1/2 a lime,
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced thin,
- 1/4 teaspoon salt,
- Black pepper to taste,
- Balsamic vinegar.
- Cut the watermelon into 1 inch thick slabs and lightly brush them with olive oil.
- Place the slabs of watermelon cut side down onto a heated grill and grill for about 2-3 minutes per side or until marked and warm.
- Remove from the grill and cut off the rind, then cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Toss the grilled watermelon with the basil, salt, pepper, and lime juice.
- Gently fold in the cubed feta being careful not to break it up.
- Drizzle the salad with the balsamic vinegar before serving.