Performing Umrah for Wife and Children: Allowed?
Home > Ask the Scholar > Umrah > Performing Umrah for Wife and Children: Allowed?

Akbar

Mar 28, 2018

Question

I'm planning to perform Umrah. I would like to know if a husband can perform Umrah for his wife or children after he performs it for himself. I’m working in KSA and I’m very far from Makkah.

Answer

Performing Umrah for Wife and Children

Regarding question, it is surely allowed to perform Umrah for them, or any other person, especially your parents.

In his response to your question, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and an Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states:

You are allowed to do Umrah on behalf of your wife and children after having done it for yourself.

However, if your parents are deceased or alive but cannot do it for themselves for any reason, you should do it first for them. Since your wife and children are still alive, they should try to do it for themselves, if they can afford it.