Can I Immigrate to Another Country?
Home > Ask the Scholar > Muslim affairs > Can I Immigrate to Another Country?

Can I Immigrate to Another Country?

Ijaz Kawni

Feb 20, 2019

Question

The economic and social conditions of my country are not good. There is too much terrorism in my country and the income level is also very low to live a fine life. So could I immigrate to some other country to live a better life or do I need to stay here?

Answer

Can I Immigrate to Another Country?

You are allowed to immigrate to any other country as long as you are free to practice Islam.

In his response to your question, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states:

You are allowed to immigrate to any other country as long as you are free to practice Islam. The Prophet (peace be upon him) is reported to have said, “You should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Messenger.” (Al-Bukhari)

In another hadith, the Prophet is reported to have said: “The earth has been made for me a place of prostration and a means of purification, so wherever a man of my Ummah is when the time for prayer comes, let him pray.” (Al-Bukhari)

Source: www.askthescolar.com