Can My Daughter Study in a Christian School?
Home > Ask the Scholar > Muslim affairs > Can My Daughter Study in a Christian School?

Anonymous

Jan 22, 2018

Question

Can my daughter study in a Christian school because there is no any Islamic school near my home? Is there any problem in that?

Answer

Can My Daughter Study in a Christian School

There is no problem in your daughter studying in a Christian school as long as you will make sure that she doesn’t go astray and you pay special care to her morals. This needs your constant follow-up and guidance.

Responding to the question, Dr. Sano Koutoub Moustapha, Professor of jurisprudence and its principles at the International Islamic University, Malaysia, states:

Muslim parents shoulder the responsibility of bringing up their children according to the teachings of Islam. They should instill in them the true Islamic teachings. The responsibility becomes greater when those parents live with their children in a non-Islamic environment.

Added to the above, I earnestly advise you to be sure that your daughter is separated when the time for the Bible class comes. To ensure this, you can ask the school board to do that.

If there is no other way of taking the daughter outside the classroom during that time, then you have to guide her and correct any wrong belief that she may acquire.

About Dr. Sano Koutoub Moustapha