Can a Baby Girl Undergo Cosmetic Surgery?
Home > Ask the Scholar > miscellaneous > Can a Baby Girl Undergo Cosmetic Surgery?

Dali

Jan 20, 2019

Question

My wife gave birth to a baby girl, but her ear has a projecting piece of flesh that deforms her appearance. Is it permissible for her to undergo a surgery to remove this piece of flesh? My wife gave birth to a baby girl, but her ear has a projecting piece of flesh that deforms her appearance. Is it permissible for her to undergo a surgery to remove this piece of flesh?

Answer

Answering your question, The Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta’ in Saudi Arabia, states:

If the reality is as you mentioned, it is permissible for your daughter to have a cosmetic surgery to remove that projecting piece of flesh beside her ear, if she will not be harmed by that operation.

Source: www.alifta.com

About Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta’

The Standing Committee for Islamic Research and Iftaa' in Saudi Arabia