Is Selling Payments-Collection Machines Permissible?
Home > Ask the Scholar > Financial Issues > Is Selling Payments-Collection Machines Permissible?

Abdeen

Jan 22, 2018

Question

I work for a company that collects payments via point-of-sale machines which accept credit card payments in return for a commission that increases in line with the amount paid by the customer. In fact, I'm in charge of Sales and Public Relations. I organize and sign contracts with traders to supply them with those machines (Point-of-sale machines). What is the ruling on my job?

Answer

If the company’s business is restricted to manufacturing the above machines which are used only for collecting payments, then there is no harm that you work there and sell those machines.

Answering your question, the General Iftaa’ Department in Jordan, states the following:

This is because they are a means of collecting payments, have nothing to do with unlawful transactions, don’t provide assistance to that end and whatever commissions are received by the company is considered conditional payment.

Source: https://www.aliftaa.jo/Question2En.aspx?QuestionId=3346

About General Iftaa' Department in Jordan