My Husband Is Not Satisfying Me Sexually: What to Do?
Home > Ask the Scholar > Family > My Husband Is Not Satisfying Me Sexually: What to Do?

Heba

Sep 02, 2018

Question

15 years ago my husband was seriously injured. He doesn't feel his legs. All these years I took care of him. But now I feel I need normal life, and sexual life too, which my ill husband can't provide. But I feel it's not human to divorce him and leave him alone, and zina is haram. What should I do?

Answer

My Husband Is Not Satisfying Me Sexually

In his response to your question, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and an Islamic Scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states:

If you are unable to guard yourself against falling into sins because of uncontrollable sex drive, then you may consider divorcing your husband while ensuring that he is otherwise cared for – either through paid agencies or his family members, etc. Islam does not allow you to be married to two men at the same time.

Editor’s note: This fatwa is from Ask the Scholar’s archive and was originally published at an earlier date.