Any Du`aa’ to Cure My Chronic Eye Disease?
Home > Ask the Scholar > Dhikr & Supplication > Any Du`aa’ to Cure My Chronic Eye Disease?

Azza

Apr 02, 2017

Question

As-salamu `alaykum. I have weak eyesight in my left eye and doctors don't have any treatment. Kindly advice me any Islamic method to cure my eye problem.

Answer

Wa `alaykum as-salamu wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Brother, we would like to thank you for the great confidence you place in us. We invoke Allah to grant you a quick recovery, ameen.

In fact, you should resort to Allah seeking His blessings and favors to grant you quick recovery. You may ask good people to make du`aa’ on your behalf too. This is, of course, with necessary medical treatments.

In his response to your question, Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, states:

You may use any of the standard supplications transmitted from the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him); to list a few of them:

Allaahumma rabba an-naasi adh-hib al-ba’sa ishfi anta ash-shaafi laa shifaa’a illaa shifa’uka shifa’an laa yughaadiru saqaman

Asa’lu Allaaha al-`azheema rabba al-`arshi al-`azheem an yashfiyanee

Allaahumma matti`naa bi asma`inaa wa absaarinaa wa quwwaatinaa maa ahyayatanaa

(O Allah, You are the Lord of the worlds; so, remove all of my afflictions and cure me in such a way that no trace of illness is left.

I ask of Allah, Lord of the Great Throne, to heal and cure me.

O Allah, I ask of You to bless me to enjoy my faculties of hearing and sight and energy as long as You allow me to live).

I would urge you to get a copy of Invocation of God by Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah; you may find a number of excellent du`aa’s there for all occasions.

Excerpted, with slight modifications, from: www.askthescholar.com