How to Pray with Diaper Always Filled with Urine
Home > Ask the Scholar > Acts of Worship > How to Pray with Diaper Always Filled with Urine

Ariel

Mar 02, 2017

Question

As-salamu `alaykum. Lately, I underwent robotic prostate cancer operation. The operation was successful but I am having a very common complication that hinders my Prayers. I am having incontinence. Every second or two urine just drop down and fill the diapers I am forced to wear. Since I feel that my body is not clean from "najasah" I stopped my prayers and I am very upset about it. What should I do?

Answer

Diaper

Wa `alaykum as-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

Dear brother, thank you for trusting us and for your question that shows your strong desire to perform Prayers and fasting.

As for your query, you just need to change the diaper and perform ablution (wudu’) for each prayer.

Responding to your question, Dr. Muhammad Salama, PhD in Islamic Studies in English and an Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Islamic Science, Al-Madinah International University, states:

May Allah Almighty grant you quick recovery. People with urinary incontinence still have to perform Prayer. You just need to take it easy and know that you have a license in this case that relieves you from this hardship.

For every obligatory Prayer, you need to change the diaper and clean yourself and then perform Prayer and forget about the urine that comes out thereafter. You can also perform voluntary Prayers with the same ablution (wudu’).

About Dr. Muhammad Salama

Dr. Muhammad Salama, PhD, Islamic Studies in English, Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Islamic Sciences al-Madinah International University (Mediu)