I'm in a Telephatic Relationship with My Soulmate | About Islam
Home > Ask the Counselor > Youth Issues > I’m in a Telephatic Relationship with My Soulmate

I’m in a Telephatic Relationship with My Soulmate

Anonymous

Sep 11, 2017

Question

Salam. My question is about telepathic conversations, love, and intimacy between soul mates or twin flames. Is it haram to get intimate with your soulmate telepathically in Islam? I am in love with my class fellow who is also in love with me. We never talk, neither face to face nor by some other chat sources. My school is over and I've not seen him for the past two months but I'm constantly thinking about him. We never had any relationship, we weren't even friends as I'm quite religious and he too. He once wished me on eid-ul-fitr by sending me a message. Besides this, we never had any conversation regarding other things. But for the last couple of days, I feel like he talks to me. He asks me questions about how I'm doing, and I answer his questions and so we can hear each other’s’ thoughts. Whenever he “calls” me, I feel some kind of pressure in my chest area that I can hardly breathe. I didn't know about soul mates or twin flames until I searched my problem. Now lately he is saying a lot of intimate things to me that how much he loves me, how I am his heart and how he can't live without me. He says he will ask my hand once we have completed our studies. To this, I never got problem but one day I felt like someone was touching my lips and kissing them. I felt my lips tingling and late after I heard myself saying don't do this please, this is haram to which he replied: don't you want to feel me? I said yes but it's not the right time and we have to wait, we will do it but in a halal way. He stopped and we both started crying and then I asked him to pray and ask forgiveness from Allah as this is forbidden in Islam. But the next day he kept asking me to kiss him back and kept kissing me and kept saying that this is not haram as we are not doing it in real. Now he does this every day and I feel his sexual energy and can't stop myself from responding. I can't ask this from him in real as this is inappropriate and this all is making me depressed as I don't want to do something that is not allowed in Islam.

Answer

I'm in a Telephatic Relationship with My Soulmate

“I would kindly suggest dear sister that you attempt to block these “conversations/thoughts” as much as possible. seek out counseling as well as scholarly Islamic guidance regarding this situation before it goes too far.”

As-Salamu ‘Alaykum sister,

Thank you for writing us. While I am familiar with twin flames and soulmates, my knowledge on whatever telepathic experiences you are having is limited. I am not even sure that these concepts are acceptable in Islam. As I am not an Islamic scholar, please contact our Ask the Scholar section.

Possibly what you have been experiencing is a strong desire for this boy. This desire is so strong that your mind has started to believe all these thoughts are from him and that the sensations are real – when in fact they are not.

Another Islamic response to these experiences is that of the whisperings of the Shaitan.  Shaitan can get into our feelings and make us think and feel all kinds of things if we are not careful.

I would kindly suggest dear sister that you attempt to block these “conversations/thoughts” as much as possible. When they start happening, imagine a big red stop sign in your mind. Then make du’aa’ to Allah (swt) to help them go away and seek refuge in Allah (swt) from Shaitan.

While you may be comfortable with these conversations and experiences (with the exception of the kissing), I would kindly suggest that you seek out an evaluation from a counselor in your area to rule out any mental health issues that may be causing these emotions and physical feelings.

Dear sister, please write to our “Ask the Scholar” section for a more Islamic perspective on what you are going through in regards to the whisperings and the feelings of being kissed. While some people may have spiritual connections, this one certainly is not a good one. This is not of Allah’s (swt) blessings as it involves haram innovations and thoughts.

I would seriously re-think your position on this dear sister and seek out counseling as well as scholarly Islamic guidance regarding this situation before it goes too far. I am sorry I could not be more of a help. The best I can offer you is to follow up as soon as possible Islamically as well as psychologically.

We wish you the best.

***