A Working Father: How to Manage My Time in Ramadan? | About Islam
Home > Ask the Counselor > Others > A Working Father: How to Manage My Time in Ramadan?

A Working Father: How to Manage My Time in Ramadan?

Anonymous

Question

Salam Aleikom. I am a working father living in Europe where magrib is really late and fajr is very early. Do you have any recommendation how I could manage my time in Ramadan?

Answer

• Make a daily time chart for these activities.

• Ensure you are getting good rest as well as lots of good, energy-sustaining foods for iftar and suhoor.

As-Salamu ‘Alaykum brother,

Indeed, it is a very long time between magrib and fajr where you are. I would suggest that you use this time to read Qur’an, do dzhkir, spend time with family, possibly helping your wife with the chores and children as that would be a great relief for her, in sha’ Allah.

Also, help others through charity events; get involved in your mosque’s activities as well as spending quiet time for drawing closer to Allah through the Islamic prescribed methods.

While you may feel this time is very long, you may actually see it go by rather quickly in sha’ Allah if you make a daily time chart for these activities. Structuring our time on paper or a calendar filled with times for reading Qur’an, chores, spending quality time with family, doing charity work, and helping others often fill up a whole day!

In regards to the longtime of fasting, in sha’ Allah ensure you are getting good rest as well as lots of good, energy-sustaining foods for iftar and suhoor.

Also, be sure to keep your body properly hydrated with water and other healthy drinks after magrib.

We wish you a most blessed Ramadan!

***

Ramadan 101… Your Guide for a Fruitful Ramadan

How to Stay Productive and Patient in Ramadan

Staying Power: How to Keep the Ramadan Flame Burning