How to Fast Ramadan While Having My Final Exams? | About Islam
Home > Ask the Counselor > Ramadan > How to Fast Ramadan While Having My Final Exams?

How to Fast Ramadan While Having My Final Exams?

Anonymous

Question

Salam Aleikom. I am graduating from high school and my exams are. Of course, I do not want to not fast the first 2 weeks of Ramadan, but at the same time these exams are really important as my future depends on them. I am afraid fasting would affect my performance. What shall I do?

Answer

• Allah that you will make it through Ramadan.

• Make a schedule for your Ramadan obligations as well as your school obligations.

As-Salamu ‘Alaykum,

Thank you for your question. It is one that a lot of students worry about. As your future depends on your exams, your future also depends on your commitment to Allah (swt) and your successful completion of Ramadan. Trusting in Allah (swt) that you will make it through Ramadan, while at the same time doing well on your exams, is faith.

I kindly suggest that you make du’aa’ that Allah (swt) give you the strength, mental clarity, and energy to sustain your studies and exams. Allah (swt) is most merciful.

I further suggest that you ensure that you eat healthy, energizing foods after magrib and especially for suhoor. Also, stay hydrated throughout the evening and prior to beginning the daily fast. Getting the proper rest is also vital to our body repairs itself and re-energizes during sleep.

Make a schedule for your Ramadan obligations as well as your school obligations. Try to omit things in your daily schedule that can wait. If you organize your day and know that Allah is most merciful to His servants who seek to worship Him and sacrifice during Ramadan, you may find this much easier than you thought.

May Allah (swt) grant you ease, and we wish you a most blessed Ramadan and successful completion of your exams.

Amen,

***

Can I Skip Fasting on Exam Days in Ramadan?

Exams, My Kids, and Ramadan

How to Cope With Ramadan, Exams, and Distractions?‏