How Should a Woman Respond to Her Abusive Husband? | About Islam
Home > Ask About Islam > How Should a Woman Respond to Her Abusive Husband?

How Should a Woman Respond to Her Abusive Husband?

Anonymous

Oct 29, 2018

Question

Every morning my husband wakes up nasty and complaining. He complains about everything, even when he contributes to the house finances. He is not bad, but he is very controlling and demanding, he is very self-centered and arrogant and can be very nasty and mean. Even the children do their best to avoid him. He goes out of his way everyday to remind me I’m not a perfect Muslim. What do you do as an Islamic wife without being disrespectful?

Answer

About Sahar El-Nadi

Sahar El-Nadi is an Egyptian freelance journalist who traveled to 25 countries around the world and currently based in Cairo. Sahar also worked in many people-related careers in parallel, including presenting public events and TV programs; instructing training courses in communication skills; cross cultural issues; image consulting for public speakers; orientation for first-time visitors to the Middle East; and localization consulting for international educational projects.