Any Restrictions on Dress Colors for Muslim Women? | About Islam
Home > Ask About Islam > Any Restrictions on Dress Colors for Muslim Women?

Any Restrictions on Dress Colors for Muslim Women?

Anonymous

Jan 10, 2018

Question

Assalamu alaikum shaikh, as far I know Islamic dress / hijab of women should cover her whole body except hand & face, the dress should be also loose,thick. My question is about color of dress. I read in a fatwa that women can wear colorful dress but it can't be eye catching or arousing desire. I searched on the internet there was a list of colors which grab attention & they are lime green, hot pink, vivid yellow, bright orange, yellow, red, orange. Is it haram for me to wear dress of those color while going outside house, in public in front of non mahram in whatever places?

Answer

About Anne Myers

Anne Myers is a proud Wellesley College graduate and holds a Master of Divinity focusing in Islamic studies. She has experience in pastoral care in hospital and university settings. Her passions include Islam, feminism, traveling, reading, watching cooking competitions, and her cats.