How Do I Overcome Abuse When Making Dawah? | About Islam
Home > Ask About Islam > Social Life > How Do I Overcome Abuse When Making Dawah?

How Do I Overcome Abuse When Making Dawah?

Anonymous

Apr 07, 2017

Question

Asalamu Alaikum, I am a person who makes dawah in the US. And I am getting burnt out. So many people are full of hate and ignorance and say horrifying things to me that I could never have imagined would come out of a person’s mouth. I know that Allah says in the Quran to not let their words grieve you. But I just don't know how to do that. I am depressed and anxious and very grieved by the things non-Muslims say in ignorance about Islam and the Muslims and even the threats they make. How do I not let this affect me? Please help.

Answer

About Sadaf Farooqi

Sadaf Farooqi is an author, blogger and freelance writer based in Karachi, Pakistan. To date, Sadaf has authored over 300 original articles, most of which can be accessed on her blog, "Sadaf's Space" (sadaffarooqi.wordpress.com). She has recently started self-publishing her past articles as non-fiction Islamic books, which are available on Amazon and Kindle (www.amazon.com/author/sadaffarooqi)