My Christian Boyfriend Wants to Convert to Islam | About Islam
Home > Ask About Islam > My Christian Boyfriend Wants to Convert to Islam

My Christian Boyfriend Wants to Convert to Islam

Safiya

Dec 05, 2018

Question

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatu. I have a Christian boyfriend that I've known for 3 years. He's been studying about Islam and has finally decided that this is the religion for him and so we have decided to get married in the near future giving him time to strengthen his imaan and really submit to Islam. What I want to know is that is it OK for me to marry him? Or do we need to break up first before we marry?

Answer

About Theresa Corbin

Theresa Corbin is the author of The Islamic, Adult Coloring Book and co-author of The New Muslim’s Field Guide. Corbin is a French-creole American and Muslimah who converted in 2001. She holds a BA in English Lit and is a writer, editor, and graphic artist who focuses on themes of conversion to Islam, Islamophobia, women's issues, and bridging gaps between peoples of different faiths and cultures. She is a regular contributor for AboutIslam.net and Al Jumuah magazine. Her work has also been featured on CNN and Washington Post, among other publications. Visit her blog, islamwich, where she discusses the intersection of culture and religion.