How Do I Lower My Gaze While Talking to Women? | About Islam
Home > Ask About Islam > Social Life > How Do I Lower My Gaze While Talking to Women?

How Do I Lower My Gaze While Talking to Women?

Nawab

Mar 07, 2017

Question

Assalamu Alaikum, I want to ask about the dressing style of women. I am from India. Here, Sarees and Churidas are the traditional dresses of women. In this dressing style, the dresses doesn't cover the arms and neck completely. According to Islamic tradition the neck and arms are parts of a women’s Awrah. If I have to talk to a woman in my company, I have to look at the woman. So sometimes when I looking at the woman, my look falls to their arms and neck accidentally. Is this a sin? None can talk to someone without looking at them. When I ask this question to someone, they said to lower your gaze. How can I do it. Because everyone has to look at the others to talk. What can I do?

Answer

About Sadaf Farooqi

Sadaf Farooqi is an author, blogger and freelance writer based in Karachi, Pakistan. To date, Sadaf has authored over 300 original articles, most of which can be accessed on her blog, "Sadaf's Space" (sadaffarooqi.wordpress.com). She has recently started self-publishing her past articles as non-fiction Islamic books, which are available on Amazon and Kindle (www.amazon.com/author/sadaffarooqi)