How to Introduce Islam to Others?
Home > Ask About Islam > How to Introduce Islam to Others?

How to Introduce Islam to Others?

Anonymous

Question

How can I introduce Islam to my friends in the best way?

and

Answer

Introduce Islam

Asalamu Alaikum,

Thank you for contacting About Islam with your question.

Dr. Shabir Ally addresses this question in the video below:

Transcript:

Aisha Khaja: So, Dr. Shabir, the question today is: I want to ask you how should I introduce Islam to my non-Muslim friends.

Dr. Shabir Ally: Well, the question is very general and for, of course, the approach would be different from one situation to another.

I would say in general that Muslims should, through the random acts of kindness, make a positive impression on their friends, the neighbors, co-workers, classmates, and so on.

And that may in fact get people thinking. And perhaps they know something about Islam already. They already know that you’re a Muslim. And when they see that goodness emanating from you, that could pique their interest.

They may do their own study. To the extent that you are familiar with other person’s, you might have an opportunity to introduce conversation. But you don’t have to start talking about Islam is the religion for your friends.

You can start asking them about bigger ideas: have they thought about these ideas? What happens after death, for example. And if they become curious about the Islamic answer to these big questions of life.

That’s when you have the opportunity to share with them in reasonable conversation or over coffee or over lunch or samosa or something like this.

I hope this helps answer your question. Please keep in touch.

Walaikum Asalam.

Please continue feeding your curiosity, and find more info in the following links:

Patience & Dawah: 6 Quranic Tips

What Triggers People to Accept Islam?

Effective Dawah:- Surah Jinn – by Suhaib Webb

About Dr. Shabir Ally

Dr. Shabir Ally holds a B.A. in Religious Studies from Laurentian University in Sudbury, Ontario, with a specialization in Biblical Literature. He also holds an M.A. and a Ph.D. from the University of Toronto with a specialization in Quranic Exegesis.

He is the president of the Islamic Information and Dawah Centre International in Toronto where he functions as Imam. He travels internationally to represent Islam in public lectures and interfaith dialogues. He explains Islam on a weekly television program called "Let the Quran Speak". Past episodes of this show can be seen online at: www.quranspeaks.com.