I am engaged to a Christian lady and reverted to Islam - Can I proceed with this marriage? | About Islam
Home > Ask About Islam > I am engaged to a Christian lady and reverted to Islam – Can I proceed with this marriage?

I am engaged to a Christian lady and reverted to Islam – Can I proceed with this marriage?

Bjorn

Oct 08, 2018

Question

As-salamu alaykum,

I have a burning question and also need some assistance.

I am “engaged to be married”, my fiancé is christian and I am a muslim revert. Am I correct by understanding that it is permissible for me to get married to a christian woman? If so, is it possible for you to put something for me in writing to confirm this?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Answer

About Leah Darland Hanoosh

Leah is a Muslim convert of almost a decade. She has two kids, an intercultural marriage, and half of a French degree in her back pocket, looking to switch gears to science and medicine. She has lived abroad for over a decade, having just recently become reacquainted with her roots in America. She currently lives in Michigan near her family and – masha’Allah – a sizeable Muslim community.