Husband Won’t Help Around The House | About Islam
Home > Ask About Islam > Social Life > Husband Won’t Help Around The House

Husband Won’t Help Around The House

Kiran

Jan 10, 2017

Question

Salaam, Thank you for providing this service. I am a wife and a mother and also have work. I often feel so very tired and as if I have no time to even think. I am constantly running from one task to another. And when my husband comes home from work, he refuses to help me with some of the chores of the house. He says that this is my duty and his duty is to provide. I also contribute to the expenses of the family. But am expected to do it all and I am so tired. Can you tell me how I can approach my husband in trying to get him to help around the house and with the children? Is this something I shouldn’t ask him to do at all? What is the Islamic approach? Thank you very much for your input.

Answer

About Sadaf Farooqi

Sadaf Farooqi is an author, blogger and freelance writer based in Karachi, Pakistan. To date, Sadaf has authored over 300 original articles, most of which can be accessed on her blog, "Sadaf's Space" (sadaffarooqi.wordpress.com). She has recently started self-publishing her past articles as non-fiction Islamic books, which are available on Amazon and Kindle (www.amazon.com/author/sadaffarooqi)